Registration and Updating Your Account
Appellate court electronic filing registration is handled through the PACER Service Center [click Appellate ECF Filer Registration under Featured Links].
Register for a new Appellate ECF account (this registration link is for users who have never registered for an account with another appellate court.)
Note: An attorney appearing in a case as a pro se party must register as an "attorney" when submitting an ECF registration form in PACER.
If you do have an account elsewhere, Update your ECF account to add the U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit [click the Register for Additional Court(s) link on the Appellate CM/ECF Filer Account Update screen after you login].
You must be a member of the circuit bar or admitted for a particular proceeding (see 11th Cir. R. 46-3, 46-4) before you register for electronic filing. You may apply for admission using the appropriate form from the Attorney Admissions page on the Court’s website.
- all fields marked with a red asterisk are required fields
- notice in cases is via a Notice of Docket Activity (NDA); you can choose to receive the notices as they occur throughout the day (each transaction), or receive a daily summary of all activity
- email format options - HTML or plain text (depending upon your email program)
- passwords must be 8 - 14 characters and contain at least 2 non-alpha characters; you can enter a password of your choosing or allow the system to generate one for you.
- Registration is not instantaneous. Registration processing can take up to 10 business days, so registering prior to the time that you want to enter your first filing electronically will assist you with filing delays. We strongly encourage you to register as soon as possible.
- You will receive email correspondence about your request as soon as possible after the request is processed by our office. Registering prior to the time that you want to enter your first filing electronically will assist you with avoiding filing delays.
For help with registration, contact the PACER Service Center at 800-676-6856 or firstname.lastname@example.org.